Liposuction has been around for decades, but as aesthetic technology advances, newer, improved systems have been developed. Dr. Graw uses the most advanced techniques for liposuction in Palo Alto.
Liposuction is a surgical intervention aimed at eliminating surplus fat deposits in targeted regions of the body. This procedure is intended to sculpt and redefine many areas of the body where resistant fat may persist despite efforts through diet and exercise. The process involves creating a small incision near the specific area, through which a slender cannula is introduced to extract undesirable fat cells.
- Average Cost: $4,000 to $15,000
- Typical Recovery Period: 1 to 2 weeks
- Discomfort Level: Mild to moderate, with some swelling, bruising, and soreness in the treated area
- Anesthesia Options: Local anesthesia, general anesthesia, or IV sedation may be used
What is power-assisted liposuction?
Older liposuction systems could not achieve the precision results of power-assisted liposuction. This system uses a vibrating cannula that more easily releases fatty deposits, making them easier to extract, causing less trauma and more precise results. This technique also allows for improved contouring and sculpting of the body. 360-liposuction – the power of precision body sculpting.
Dr. Graw’s signature 360-liposuction can help you achieve that ideal “hourglass” figure, sculpting the body with precision from the front, the sides, and the back. Often called “circumferential liposuction,” this technique involves removing fat around the entire lower abdomen, love handles, and lower back to help you achieve more proportionate curves. Nevertheless, Dr. Graw conducts liposuction, focusing on fat removal and body sculpting to assist you in attaining the desired curves and silhouette.
What to expect during liposuction?
During power-assisted liposuction (PAL), you can expect a comprehensive process typically involving several steps:
- First, the surgeon will administer anesthesia to ensure your comfort throughout the procedure.
- Once you're numb, small incisions will be made in inconspicuous areas near the targeted treatment sites.
- The surgeon will then insert a specialized vibrating cannula through these incisions, which helps to break up and dislodge the fat deposits.
- The loosened fat is suctioned using a vacuum device connected to the cannula.
Dr. Graw will carefully sculpt and contour the treated areas to achieve the desired aesthetic outcome. After your liposuction in Palo Alto, you may experience some swelling, bruising, and discomfort, which can be managed with pain medications and compression garments. Following your surgeon's post-operative instructions for optimal healing and achieving the best results is essential.
What can liposuction do for me?
When liposuction is performed by a talented plastic surgeon with the most advanced techniques, the benefits include:
- A narrowed waist
- Removal of love handles to enhance the body’s feminine curves
- Removal of fatty deposits on the lower back to enhance the buttocks
- Removal of fat on the upper arms to better define your shoulder and arm muscles
- Removal of fat on the upper thighs, or “saddle bags”
- Transfer of the fat cells to other areas of the body, such as the breasts and/or buttocks, to achieve more proportionate curves
This procedure can be thoroughly transformative. The most common comment from our patients is, “I wish I had done this sooner!” An added benefit of the procedure is transferring the harvested fat cells to enhance your breasts or buttocks, creating a more feminine silhouette.
What is the recovery like after liposuction?
The advanced liposuction treatments performed by Dr. Graw involve about a three-week recovery period. At two weeks, you can return to light activities; at four weeks, you can increase your physical activities as much as is comfortable for you. During your healing time, you will see us for follow-up appointments to ensure optimal recovery—at weeks one, two, four, and six, followed by appointments at months three, six, and finally, at one year.
Hi-definition liposculpting the ultimate body sculpting treatment.
Body contouring has reached a pinnacle with the development of hi-definition liposuction. Liposuction was once limited to treating larger areas of fat, and could not access harder to reach body areas successfully. With high-definition liposuction, you can sculpt your natural curves, revealing the muscle definition of your abdomen, back, upper arms, and thighs. For optimal body sculpting, your custom treatment plan may include high-definition liposculpting. If you are a good candidate, this treatment may help you achieve the following:
- Improved chest contour
- In males, enhancement of pectoralis definition
- Definition of abdominal muscles
- More proportionate curves and/or definition
- Definition of back muscles
- Definition of upper arms
- Definition of thighs
Why choose Dr. Grace Graw for liposuction in Palo Alto?
Dr. Graw was educated at the nation’s leading universities, including Johns Hopkins, Harvard Medical School, and Stanford, followed by intensive training under world-renowned plastic surgeons in Beverly Hills. Her experience, knowledge, and techniques used with power-assisted liposuction, allow her to perform body contouring with utmost precision, achieving superior results.
As a mother of two young children, Dr. Graw understands the challenges women face regarding the female body, and the physical and mental changes that occur after pregnancy.
To Dr. Graw, liposuction is more than just removing fat, as most plastic surgeons have been trained to do in the United States. To her, liposuction is more about liposculpting—an art that creates contours and shadows where they belong.
Connect with Graw Beauty today to schedule a consultation regarding custom body sculpting with liposuction in Palo Alto, Menlo Park, & Atherton.